Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pomanders!

Earlier this year I saw a flower ball called a pomander and then I found a DIY project to make them. I started doing them using felt and they look great but I am now experimenting using silk flowers to see if it can be an easier DIY project or quicker at least and with less hand cramping! I will give a tutorial later on the felt pomanders. But for now. I am starting on the silk flower ones...
This one ran out of flowers and then would not stay on, on to the next try!

This one is made from silk carnations from Dollar Tree, the foam ball from Dollar Tree, and black ribbon from Walmart I believe, and the pins holding the flowers in place are from Walmart also.
 
What do you think? The carnation pomander is way better than the others depending on the look you are going for. This is exactly what I was going for, let me know your thoughts!
 



1 comment:

  1. The pomanders look great! You are doing such a great job and you are so talented.

    The planters with the ferns are perfect. Thanks so much. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your advice, suggestions, and thoughts.I reserve the right to delete comments of a negative or derogatory nature. This is to help creative thinkers or the not so creative in their DIY journeys. Thanks and have fun!